Normans and Early PlantagenetsSeries:
Imprint: Pen and Sword Military
240 Pages, 6 x 9 in, 1 map
- May 2014
- Out of print. Available in digital formats at the links below.
Key scenarios discussed in this volume include:
• The civil war of 1136-53, how either Stephen or Matilda might have won quick and decisive victory and the likely consequences.
• What if Richard the Lionheart had not gone on Crusade, leaving the inept John to rule in his place? Could the English (Angevin) Empire in France have been saved? What if that fatal crossbow bolt had missed Richard in 1199, sparing him an early death?
• What if Edward I’s riding accident in 1294 had been fatal, leaving Edward II to succeed at 10 years of age?
• A whole chapter deals with scenarios surrounding the Scottish kings - What if Robert the Bruce had been killed in 1306?